- Uncle Roosters® Franchisees are our strategic partners. Being part of franchising has produced more successful businesses than any other method of private enterprise.
Franchising remains the most viable way to own and operate a small business for many Americans and provides small business owners with a chance to build equity for themselves and their families. Franchise businesses employ nearly 1 million workers in California and generate $94 billion in revenue at over 82,000 franchise locations.
~Governor Brown’s veto S.B. 610 in California Sept. 29, 2014
- There are an estimated 3,000 different franchisors (franchise business companies) operating in the U.S. today.
- It is estimated that there are over 900,000 franchise businesses.
- It is estimated that franchise systems employ 9.5 million people.
- It is estimated that over $850 Billion in economic output is generated by franchise businesses.
- According to the IFA (International Franchise Association) almost 4% of all small businesses in the USA are franchises.
- There are more than 300 different industries and business categories that use the franchising business model as a means to distribute goods and services.
- It is estimated that the franchise industry accounts for approximately 50% of all retail sales in the U.S.
- Approximately one out of every 12 businesses in the U.S. is a franchise business.
- The average initial franchise investment is $250,000 excluding real estate.
- The average royalty fees paid by franchisees range from 3% to 6% of monthly gross sales.
- Most franchise companies have fewer than 100 units.
- The average length of a franchise contract is 10 years.